Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Photo Tutorial- those emo blue photo things

You know what I'm talking about. Those emo, blue-lit, dark pictures. Stuff like this-
"My picture is UNIQUE and you'll like it!"
"Being an elf is hard..."
"Reach, dang it!"
"Imma gonna smack you with dis magic, gurl."
For the sake of easiness, I'm going to imitate the styles of the bottom two... in Lunapic!
Here's the challenge- can I use Lunapic effects to make a picture of ice cream look emo? What about a puppy?
Ice cream first. Here we go-
First, I uploaded image. Bloop! That's the noise it makes in my head. I go over to "Adjust," go down to "color temperature," and move the colors down to the "cool"est they go. 
Not close enough, but definitely getting darker. 
Next, over to "Adjust," "adjust colors," brightness all the way down. 
Ehh... I'm not thrilled. Back to step 1.
Nope. 
So this time, I'm taking the original to black and white first- under adjust, of course. :)
This time, I took the image to b&w, then put it through TWO ROUNDS of full cool color temperature changer. Then, I went to "adjust color," pushed the brightness all the way down, then pushed blue a little bit up. A little. Otherwise THE PICTURE LOOKS LIKE THIS!

Nope, not quite. I've got one more trick up my sleeve....
Go to "adjust light levels." Let's bring shadows up 1.5 units, lighting up 1 unit, and whatever the top one is (contrast?) up like 3 units. 
"By golly, we've done it!"
There you have it. Cool-lit, depressing ice cream. 
Now for that puppy. 
*G4SP! 4 HUM4N PUPPY!"
Same procedure. B&W, 2x color cool, adjust shadows up (more than 1 unit), adjust lighting up (1.5 ish), adjust contrast slightly up. The result...
"TH3 HUM4N PUPPY FOUND 4 SN4CK!"
There you go. I have no idea how that ice cream got there *tutorial forthcoming*. 
Please enjoy your newfound emo art skills! 
Someone, make a folder full of emo art supplies... just please. 

CHEERS!



No comments:

Post a Comment